Benefits of almond are worthy enough to rank it on the top of the charts. Considered as a dry fruit, Almond truly stands and shine as a diamond among a box full of nutty jewels.
This crunchy and droplet-shaped nut has unlimited benefits.
Almond is an edible seed of an almond tree. This nut is native to sub-continent, Africa, and the Middle East. Incased in a hard shell this creamy color almond is wrapped in a thin brown cover.
List of Contents
- 1 How to Eat Almond?
- 2 Nutritional Value of Almond
- 3 Health Benefits of Almond
- 4 How to Make Almond Milk and Benefits of Almond Milk:
- 5 Almond Oil and Its Benefits:
How to Eat Almond?
The hard brown shell of almond seed is cracked to obtain a crunchy seed from inside. This seed is edible. You can eat it simply or folks say that dip it in water and eat it after some time to increase its effectiveness and make it more digestible for the body. You can add it in desserts and different dishes.
You can also use it for presentation of different dishes or add it in salads, shakes
When in cold winter while you are sitting in front of the fire, feeling cozy, having a chit chat and enjoying delicious dry fruits as the snack… Then simply just snatch it from your loved ones and eat it all 😉
Nutritional Value of Almond
Almonds are rich in calcium, magnesium, proteins, riboflavin, phosphorus, and vitamin B-6 and calories of course.
Only one almond contains up to 10 calories.
Although it contains the considerable amount of fats also but most of it is monounsaturated fat which is luckily heart healthy.
Health Benefits of Almond
The Richie rich nutritious nut almond has no doubt a great package of benefits. Here are few of them.
1. Good for Heart
Now you must be thinking that how this rich in fats almond can be good for the heart. But here we are going to tell you that these fats are monounsaturated fats which are heart friendly.
- The vitamin E in almonds has an antioxidant effect that helps in lowering cholesterol level.
- Other than this it has magnesium which is calcium blocker naturally. So where ever there is magnesium the veins gets relief.
- Potassium is another mineral present in almond and it has a direct relation in maintaining blood pressure and heart function.
So overall we can say that almonds are a heart friendly snack and help in maintaining blood pressure and heart health.
2. Good for Blood Sugar Level:
- As we have mentioned that almond is rich in magnesium and magnesium is found effective against diabetes type 2 and many other diseases.
- Almonds are rich in fiber and proteins also so this makes it a good choice for diabetes.
3. Lower LDL Cholesterol Levels and Prevent Their Oxidation:
Almonds just don’t do the magic of lowering LDL levels but it also reduces the oxidation of it, the process which plays a major part in a heart attack.
Some people soak almonds in water and remove the skin but the thin brown skin of almonds is rich in polyphenol antioxidants, which prevent oxidation of cholesterol.
So we recommend you to eat it as it is presented by nature, wrapped in thin brown cover 🙂
4. Rich in Antioxidants:
We all know that antioxidants help in anti-aging so this benefit of almond is worth reading.
As almond is full of anti-oxidants. It protects your brain functions from damages of aging thus significantly reduce the risk of Alzheimer’s.
Oh, this nut is a pearl full of nutrition. This little diamond shines bright with it nutritious rays coming out among all other tasty snacks and nuts.
When we see its nutritional value we say it’s a bombshell loaded with just everything needed.
Oh yes, this benefit of almond makes it good for weight loss. As it is full of nutrition and calories a little amount of its intake makes you feel full. This fullness prevents you from eating more hence significantly reducing your urge to eat and appetite. Increasing nuts also enhance your metabolism. So what a good combination we are having. Aren’t we 🙂
Omg at least I can’t resist eating it.
Are Almonds Good in Pregnancy?
While talking about health benefits of almonds one may think whether they are equally good for pregnant women or not?
Well, we are telling you this secret that almonds especially those seeped in water are the best source of nutrition for pregnant women as nutrition in soaked almonds are easily digestible by the body. So they are highly recommended for pregnant women but you should consult a doctor before taking a large amount of it.
7. Beauty Benefits of Almonds:
Other than health benefits of almond there is also some beauty magic offered by almonds. Here are some of them
- Almonds are a good source of vitamin E which is an antioxidant. It makes your skin wrinkle free and young looking.
- It helps in improving your complexion.
- Almonds are a good source to prevent cell damage.
- They also repair damage caused by the sun hence remove suntans and marks making your skin tone even.
- They make your skin glowing and smooth.
While talking about beauty benefits we should not miss these two products extracted from almond.
How to Make Almond Milk and Benefits of Almond Milk:
Almond milk is made at home by soaking almonds in water for two to three days. After that, you drain the water and take the almonds out. You simply grind those almonds with fresh water and the resulting delicious creamy white fluid is almond milk.
Almond milk helps in softening your skin and keeps it hydrated and we all know that a hydrated skin looks fresh and young. Almond milk made at home lasts few days only so try consuming it as early as possible.
Almond Oil and Its Benefits:
Almonds are rich in minerals like magnesium and vitamin D. Lack of magnesium in the body cause hair fall. Almond oil is good for hair. The benefits of almond oil for hair includes
- Almond oil make your hair soft, smooth and provide essential nutrients to your hair.
- It also cures dandruff and is very good oil to apply especially in winters because of its rich greasy texture.
- It prevents hair fall and makes your hair look fabulous.
- It also treats dull and dry hair and prevents them from split ends.
Almond, almond oil, and almond milk are added in different hair and face packs to enhance skin and hair beauty and treat different beauty issues.
Other than beauty benefits they are also used in cooking also to create different delicious recipes.
After knowing so many benefits we bet you are running to the market to grab this nut as soon as possible. And we suggest you hurry up!!