Before talking about benefits of avocado let’s know something general about this fruit.
Also known as alligator pear because of its appearance, avocado is a new stir in the town’s air. This south Mexican native fruit of the floral plant is now cultivated and harvested globally.
They are usually self-pollinating and are green in color. They may vary in shapes from pear-shaped to spherical or egg shape.
Avocado is eaten as raw or added in numerous recipes. Chefs even claim that avocado is the most eaten fruit in Australia.
Interestingly Avocado is claimed to be the most photographed fruit on the internet. Well, this makes our avocado quite famous. Our little bomb is already a superstar.
List of Contents
- 1 Nutritional Value of Avocado:
- 2 How to Ripe Avocado?
- 3 Benefits of Avocado:
- 4 Is Avocado Good for Pregnant Women?
- 5 Beauty Benefits of Avocado:
- 6 How to Make Avocado Juice?
Nutritional Value of Avocado:
Avocados are rich in good fats, dietary fiber, vitamins C, K, B6, copper, folate, pantothenic acid and minerals like potassium.
One avocado contains about 300-350 calories.
How to Ripe Avocado?
Like banana, Avocado also ripens off the tree. A normal avocado takes two to three weeks to ripen up at normal room temperature. If not picked up from its plant avocado ripens and fall from the tree.
For commercial use shopkeepers have special rooms where they ripe avocado at needed temperature.
How to keep Avocado fresh or unripe for long period?
A ripen avocado lasts 24 hours but if you want to store them, simply place them in a refrigerator. This will slow down the ripening process. More temperature will make them ripe them fast.
Benefits of Avocado:
1. Lowers Cholesterol:
No doubt being heart-friendly is one of the great benefits of avocado. As avocado is rich in antioxidants and healthy fats, it lowers your cholesterol level and keeps your heart safe and in good working condition.
2. Improves Digestion:
Avocado helps you in absorbing nutrients in your body. It not Only improves your digestive system but also regulates your bowels and maintains your intestinal health. Avocado are effective to treat constipation as well.
3. Controls Bad Breath:
Yes… they are mouth freshener. As avocado are good for stomach they also cleanse your Intestines as well as mouth and kill the microbes that can Cause bad breathe which is often the result of an upset stomach.
4. Help in Diabetes:
As avocados are rich in good fats and fiber they help with insulin resistance in the body. They also maintain blood sugar levels hence supporting the body against diabetes.
5. Eye Protector:
Avocado contains the highest amount of carotenoid lutein than any other fruit which is essential for the health of eyes. It helps in protecting against cataracts and muscular degeneration caused by aging.
6. High Blood Pressure:
Avocado has minerals like potassium and heart-healthy fats which make it helpful for blood pressure reduction. Drinking fresh avocado juice helps in hypertension also.
7. Help in Cancer Reduction:
The Oleic acid in avocado is helpful in preventing breast cancer. Researches have shown that avocado also prevents mouth cancer.
Is Avocado Good for Pregnant Women?
Avocado is a super food no doubt. It contains Vitamin B 6, vitamin C and K, folate, potassium and lots of fiber which makes it naturally healthy food for pregnant women. It is also rich in folic acid, which is essential for brain and organ development in babies and very much important and recommended nutrient for pregnant ladies.
So it is safe and healthy for pregnant women to eat avocado and have all the nutrients naturally rather than eating those dietary supplements.
Avocado is a recommended diet for children also.
Beauty Benefits of Avocado:
Other than health benefits avocado has beauty benefits also. Here are some beauty benefits that avocado offers.
8. Benefits of Avocado for Skin:
- The best benefit of avocado includes anti-aging. The man is not immortal but looking young for as long as possible is everyone’s dream of course. Avocado is rich in antioxidant and whether you apply it on your face directly or mix it with other ingredients to make face packs or eat it, avocado fights aging from both outside and inside your body. It prevents cell damage from inside and removes wrinkles and line from outside. So don’t miss it, guys.
- Avocado juice makes your skin complexion glowing and keeps your skin hydrated.
- The Avocado oil prevents skin damage.
- Avocado oil is a best natural sun block. It protects your skin from UV rays and prevents sun tans.
- As avocado has oils that are very much like our skin oils so it protects your skin from damage and anti-Inflammation.
- It soothes your skin and gives your skin a healthy glow.
- It prevents your skin and whole body from dryness. You can simply use avocado oil on your heels, elbows or another part of the body before taking bath and see the results yourself.
9. Avocado for Hair:
- Avocado as a whole is very useful fruit. The seeds of avocado are crushed to make powder and are used as dandruff treatment in many regions. Avocado oil also helps in fighting dandruff.
- Avocado oil is best for dry and damaged hair. It repairs split ends and makes your hair smooth and frizz free.
- It treats dry and itchy scalp.
- Avocado oil add shine to your hair making them super healthy.
10. Avocado for Nails:
Applying avocado oil directly on your nails regularly improves your nails growth and strength.
Avocado can be used in packs to make facial and hair packs and scrubs for hand body and skin.
How to Make Avocado Juice?
After knowing so many benefits of avocado we bet you are curious and eager to know all the possible recipes that include avocado in them. Avocado juice is a natural refreshing drink and very easy to make. Simply add an avocado in milk and blend it well and You can even add some honey for your taste and to add up the benefits of honey as well.
Enjoy the delicious juice and remember that fresh juice is always better than those in packages.
Now, guys, we have told you the top ten mind-blowing benefits of avocado and we said earlier while sharing the benefits of Apple that an apple a day keeps the doctor away but here is a new offer “only half avocado a day can keeps the doctor away” 🙂